The lime kiln trunnion, shafts, and thrust roller were severely damaged and corroded. Initial option was to purchase new from OEM, however the cost and turnaround time were prohibitive. With our equipment and engineering capabilities, our team reverse engineered the parts, procured the materials, manufactured, and machined all parts according to specifications.
- Pars: Lime kiln trunnion, thrust roller, shafts
- Details: Carry Roller – 42″ dia. and 64.5″ OAL; 40″ dia. thrust roller
- Customer: Manufacturer of tissue and paper board products
- Long lead times from the OEM.
- No available prints or specifications.
- Dimensional inspections and NDT.
- Reverse engineering of the carry roller and thrust roller based on the original worn parts.
- Generate drawings to procure castings and forgings for final machining.
- Procure materials and finish machine to specifications.
- Comprehensive technical report.
- QA and prep for shipment.
- Transportation services for roll pickup and delivery to ensure proper handling and quality compliance.
- Carry roller and thrust roller were manufactured in 7 weeks and delivered to the customer.
- Manufactured new parts provided cost savings to the customer vs the OEM pricing.