An equipment services provider required high-precision and complex machining to meet OEM specifications to repair both halves of a pump casing. Our team picked up the part from the customer site and documented all critical dimensions before and after machining. With a complex pre-machining setup and custom tooling, our team machined the end bores, the internal surfaces, manufactured bronze bushings, and blind-bored the bolt holes per print.
- Part: Pump casing
- Details: 44- 7/8″length, 304 SS shim material
- Customer: Pumps, seals, and valves manufacturer
- Involved complex pre-machining setup and custom fixturing and tooling.
- Required “blind machining”
- Machine split lines of top and bottom pump casing to 100% clean.
- Bolt case halves together with shim.
- Machine tapered dowel pin holes and install tapered pins.
- Face welded surfaces on end bores per print.
- Drill and tap holes with customer verification of size and location.
- Manufacture bronze bushings.
- Machine all internal weld repaired fits per print.
- Record all final dimensions.
- Quality inspection before shipping.
- Prep for shipping.
- Transportation to and from customer site.
- All technical specifications were achieved.
- New upper pinch roll housing was completed and delivered within the production schedule.