Day & Swing Shift
Western Machine Works is a Portland-based company specializing in the repair and manufacture of industrial equipment for various critical industries. WMW has been in business for over 30 years and maintains a strong and stable customer base. We have experienced no personnel layoffs in over 20 years.
The Manual Machinist position will be running large manual machine tools, including lathes, mills, drill presses, and other manual shop equipment. You will be working on various components and parts for industrial equipment used in Wind Power, Hydroelectric, Pulp & Paper, Marine, Steel, and other Heavy Industries.
WHAT INDUSTRY-LEADING BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Wage up to $37.75 / hour depending on experience.
- Overtime pay available: for both time and a half and double time.
- Signing bonus.
- Retention bonus at 6 months and 1 year.
- Premium swing shift differential.
- COLA (Cost-Of-Living-Adjustment) contribution annually.
- Premium medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents.
- 5% 401K matching plan.
- Life, long-term, and short-term disability insurance.
- Education reimbursement.
- Yearly bonus plan. PTO (Personal Time Off) depending on experience.
- 9 Paid holidays.
- Company-provided meals on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Company-provided overalls refreshed daily.
- Calibration of personal measuring instruments.
- Reimbursement for safety glasses.
- All required PPE provided.
- Climate-controlled, clean, and safe working environment.
- Employee-recognition events.
- Consistent workload availability.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Graduate of accredited technical school, or currently seeking to complete a manual machinist apprenticeship program; or 3+ years of related job experience.
- Ability to independently operate lathes, mills, drill presses, and other manual shop equipment.
- Large swing (36” dia.+) lathe experience a benefit.
- Knowledge of machining procedures for mild steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, cast iron, and bronze.
- Knowledge of precision machining procedures and ability to hold .001” tolerances or less. Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work off of prints and/or written/ Standard personal machinist tools.