Western Machine Works is a Portland based company specializing in the repair and manufacture of equipment for the Pulp & Paper, Wind Power, Hydro-electric, Shipyard and other heavy industries. WMW has been in business for over 30 years and maintains a strong and stable customer base. We have experienced no personnel layoffs in over 20 years.
- Wage $20.00 – $30.00/hour depending on experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Life, Long Term, and Short Term Disability Insurance.
- Education Reimbursement.
- 401K Retirement Plan.
- Yearly Bonus Plan.
- Paid Holidays and Vacation.
- 5+ years experience with hands on mechanical repairs.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to work independently or as part of a group.
- Understanding of best practices for mounting and dismounting large bearings.
- Understanding of rigging and use of overhead cranes.
- Oxy/Acetylene Torch and welding knowledge is beneficial.
- Must be competent with the accurate use of ID and OD micrometers.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and have the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Tools appropriate for mechanic work required.
- Job requires the ability to push/pull and lift over 50 lbs.
- Desire to work with one company for a long period of time. We have very low employee turnover and are looking for candidates ready for their last job.
Send Resume to:
Western Machine Works
P.O. Box 83447
Portland, OR 97283
Complete Application at:
Western Machine Works
12005 N. Burgard Rd.
Portland, OR 97203
Horizontal Turning Capacity
Maximum capacity 78″ swing x 478″ long (66 1/2″ Swing over crosslide).
Vertical Turning Capacity
Maximum capacity 120″ diameter x 96″ high.
42″ Diameter x 312″ face – Computer controlled, with Pro-Mic graphic presentation and with an 8″ Gem superfinisher.
Model H60 Schenck Trebel balance machine, with CAB690H Computer and printout monitor and optical center whip indicator. 200 -70,000 Pounds and up to 96″ diameter x 400″ long.
Full fleet of trucks including pickups, flatbed and a semi tractor with a 40 foot trailer.
34,000 sq. ft. Engineering Design, stress and fatigue analysis, CAD system.