Manual Job Shop Machinist – Day or Swing Shift
Western Machine Works is a Portland based company specializing in the repair and manufacture of equipment for the Pulp & Paper, Wind Power, Hydro-electric, Shipyard and other heavy industries. WMW has been in business for over 30 years and maintains a strong and stable customer base. We have experienced no personnel layoffs in over 20 years.
- Journeyman Wage up to $33.25/hour. Actual pay depending on experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Life, Long Term, and Short Term Disability Insurance.
- Education Reimbursement.
- 401K Retirement Plan.
- Yearly Bonus Plan.
- Paid Holidays and Vacation.
- 5+ years experience running manual machine tools.
- Ability to independently operate lathes, mills, drill presses and other manual shop equipment.
- Large swing (36” dia.+) lathe experience a benefit.
- Knowledge of machining procedures for mild steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, cast iron and bronze.
- Knowledge of precision machining procedures and ability to hold .001” tolerances or less.
- Tools appropriate for metal working trade required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work off of prints and/or written / verbal instructions.
- Desire to work with one company for a long period of time. We have very low employee turnover and are looking for candidates ready for their last job.
Send Resume to:
Western Machine Works
P.O. Box 83447
Portland, OR 97283
Complete Application at:
Western Machine Works
12005 N. Burgard Rd.
Portland, OR 97203
Horizontal Turning Capacity
Maximum capacity 78″ swing x 478″ long (66 1/2″ Swing over crosslide).
Vertical Turning Capacity
Maximum capacity 120″ diameter x 96″ high.
42″ Diameter x 312″ face – Computer controlled, with Pro-Mic graphic presentation and with an 8″ Gem superfinisher.
Model H60 Schenck Trebel balance machine, with CAB690H Computer and printout monitor and optical center whip indicator. 200 -70,000 Pounds and up to 96″ diameter x 400″ long.
Full fleet of trucks including pickups, flatbed and a semi tractor with a 40 foot trailer.
34,000 sq. ft. Engineering Design, stress and fatigue analysis, CAD system.