SALES ENGINEER OPEN POSITION
The sales engineer is assigned specific Pulp and Paper mill accounts in the Northwest. The sales engineer is responsible for maintaining current business levels and promoting growth by presenting the capabilities of Western Machine Works to the various business and equipment segments within each account. The sales engineer is responsible for continual networking in each account to strengthen and grow customer base. Sales skills, pulp & paper equipment knowledge, and ability to build customer relationships are required.
Basic knowledge of overall pulp and paper manufacturing operations and equipment with an emphasis on paper machine roll maintenance and repair techniques. Ability to understand mechanical function of process equipment and assist the customer with preparing repair or new replacement options.
essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain consistent call frequency for assigned customer base.
- Maintain primary customer contact for Western Machine Works with assigned customer base. This includes all aspects of written and verbal communication.
- Prepare project estimates and written formal quotations in accordance with company standards and profitability goals.
- Budget and monitor current and projected revenues by account and divisions within each account.
- Provided requested documentation including quotation updated through the company CRM, weekly itineraries and expense updates.
- Maintain office and shop presence to facilitate job responsibilities. Must reside close enough to Portland to conveniently attend required meetings, monitor work in progress, and interface with other company personnel as required.
- Provide accurate written and verbal communication to convey customer requirements within the company.
- Generate all written proposals and updates to customers.
- Prepare and process final invoicing in conjunction with accounting.
- Proficient use of Word, Outlook, Excel and CRM.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical degree related to engineering and/or manufacturing.
- Five years manufacturing experience and three years of sales experience.
compensation and benefits
- Salary up to $105,000 a year depending on experience (no commission schedule; eligible for year-end bonus).
- Health, dental, and vision insurance benefits included.
- 401k plus matching program.
- Health savings account.
- Paid time off.
- Participation in year-end company bonus.
- Vehicle allowance and expense re-imbursement provided.
Valid driver’s license and Travel to customer mill sites.
Note: The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
Western Machine Works and In-Place Machining is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT WESTERN MACHINE WORKS LLC:
WMW is an engineering-focused full range machine shop specializing in the repair and manufacture of large equipment for critical industries such as pulp and paper, wind power, marine, and other heavy industries. In-Place Machining, its parent company provides one-source for industrial machining, measurement, and alignment to clients in US and Canada.