Western Machine Works is a Portland based company specializing in the repair and manufacture of equipment for the Pulp & Paper, Wind Power, Hydro-Electric, Shipyard and other heavy industries. WMW has been in business for over 30 years and maintains a strong and stable customer base. We have not experienced any personnel layoffs in over 20 years.
We are immediately hiring for an experienced Millwright/ Assembly Technician!
- Wage $25.00 – $35.00/hour depending on experience.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Life, Long Term, and Short Term Disability Insurance.
- Education Reimbursement.
- 401K Retirement Plan.
- Yearly Bonus Plan.
- Paid Holidays and Vacation.
- 5+ years experience with hands on mechanical repairs.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to work independently or as part of a group.
- Understanding of best practices for mounting and dismounting large bearings.
- Understanding of rigging and use of overhead cranes.
- Oxy/Acetylene Torch and welding knowledge is beneficial.
- Must be competent with the accurate use of ID and OD micrometers.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and have the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Tools appropriate for mechanic work required.
- Job requires the ability to push/pull and lift over 50 lbs.