Western Machine Works is a Portland-based company specializing in the repair and refurbishing of industrial equipment for various critical industries. WMW has been in business for over 30 years and maintains a strong and stable customer base. We have experienced no personnel layoffs in over 20 years.
The Millwright position at our Portland, Oregon shop entails hands-on mechanical work and the mounting and dismounting of large bearings. You will be working on various industrial components and parts used in Wind Power, Hydroelectric, Pulp & Paper, Marine, Steel, and other Heavy Industries.
- Wage up to $35 / hour depending on experience.
- Overtime pay available: for both time and a half and double time.
- Signing bonus. Retention bonus at 6 months and 1 year. Premium swing shift differential.
- COLA (Cost-Of-Living-Adjustment) contribution annually.
- Premium medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents.
- 5% 401K matching plan.
- Life, long-term, and short-term disability insurance.
- Education reimbursement.
- Yearly bonus plan. PTO (Personal Time Off) depending on experience.
- 9 Paid holidays. Company-provided meals on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Company-provided overalls refreshed daily.
- Calibration of personal measuring instruments.
- Reimbursement for safety glasses.
- All required PPE provided.
- Climate-controlled, clean, and safe working environment.
- Employee-recognition events. Consistent workload availability.
- Graduate of accredited technical school, or currently seeking to complete a qualified apprenticeship program; or 3+ years of hands-on mechanical repairs job experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to work independently or as part of a group.
- Understanding of best practices for mounting and dismounting large bearings.
- Understanding of rigging and use of overhead cranes.
- Oxy/Acetylene Torch and welding knowledge are beneficial.
- Must be competent with the accurate use of ID and OD micrometers.
- Standard personal toolbox.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and have the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to push/pull and lift over 50 lbs.