Western Machine Works is a Portland-based company specializing in the repair and refurbishing of industrial equipment for various critical industries. WMW has been in business for over 30 years and maintains a strong and stable customer base. We have experienced no personnel layoffs in over 20 years.
The Millwright position at our Portland, Oregon shop entails hands-on mechanical work and the mounting and dismounting of large bearings. You will be working on various industrial components and parts used in Wind Power, Hydroelectric, Pulp & Paper, Marine, Steel, and other Heavy Industries.
- Wage up to $35 / hour depending on experience.
- Overtime pay available: for both time and a half and double time.
- Signing bonus. Retention bonus at 6 months and 1 year. Premium swing shift differential.
- COLA (Cost-Of-Living-Adjustment) contribution annually.
- Premium medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents.
- 5% 401K matching plan.
- Life, long-term, and short-term disability insurance.
- Education reimbursement.
- Yearly bonus plan. PTO (Personal Time Off) depending on experience.
- 9 Paid holidays. Company-provided meals on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Company-provided overalls refreshed daily.
- Calibration of personal measuring instruments.
- Reimbursement for safety glasses.
- All required PPE provided.
- Climate-controlled, clean, and safe working environment.
- Employee-recognition events. Consistent workload availability.
- Graduate of accredited technical school, or currently seeking to complete a qualified apprenticeship program; or 3+ years of hands-on mechanical repairs job experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to work independently or as part of a group.
- Understanding of best practices for mounting and dismounting large bearings.
- Understanding of rigging and use of overhead cranes.
- Oxy/Acetylene Torch and welding knowledge are beneficial.
- Must be competent with the accurate use of ID and OD micrometers.
- Standard personal toolbox.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and have the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to push/pull and lift over 50 lbs.
Western Machine Works
apply in person
Western Machine Works
12005 N. Burgard Rd., Portland, OR 97203
If you have questions about any of our job openings, don’t hesitate to reach out to us via our contact page.