Western Machine Works is a Portland-based company specializing in the repair and manufacture of equipment for the Pulp & Paper, Wind Power, Hydro-electric, Shipyard and other heavy industries. WMW has been in business for over 30 years and maintains a strong and stable customer base. We have experienced no personnel layoffs in over 20 years.
This is an entry-level position that can transition into our full apprenticeship program with tuition reimbursement benefits, based on performance. If you are starting your career in the manufacturing/machining trade, this is a great opportunity to learn and gain hands-on experience in the industry. The right candidate will be mentored by high-caliber machinists, technicians, and engineers. This is fully paid with a flexible work schedule option to accommodate your school or internship requirements.
- Wage $18 to $20 per hour depending on experience.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Life, Long Term, and Short Term Disability Insurance.
- Education Reimbursement.
- 401K Retirement Plan.
- Yearly Bonus Plan.
- Paid Holidays and Vacation.
- Cleaning metalworking machinery.
- General shop cleanup, including sweeping, general pickup, and disposal of debris and waste.
- Loading and unloading trucks using forklifts and overhead cranes.
- All other shop support duties as assigned by the shop foreman.
- Job requires the ability to push/pull and lift over 50 lbs.
- Western Machine Works typically promotes from within for our apprenticeship program. The industrial clean-up position is an entry-level position that can transition into a full apprenticeship for the right candidate.
- Successful apprenticeship candidates will show they have the work ethic and aptitude to become successful long-term employees at Western Machine Works.
- WMW has a formal 4 years apprenticeship program.
- WMW offers tuition reimbursement for apprentices to cover the cost of the required formal schooling.
- Mentoring from highly-skilled technicians and engineers.