Western Machine Works is a Portland-based company specializing in the repair and manufacture of equipment for the Pulp & Paper, Wind Power, Hydro-electric, Shipyard and other heavy industries. WMW has been in business for over 30 years and maintains a strong and stable customer base. We have experienced no personnel layoffs in over 20 years.
This is an entry level position that can transition into our full apprenticeship program with tuition reimbursement benefits, based on performance. If you are starting your career in the manufacturing/machining trade, this is a great opportunity to learn the industry.
- Wage $18 to $20 per hour depending on experience.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Life, Long Term, and Short Term Disability Insurance.
- Education Reimbursement.
- 401K Retirement Plan.
- Yearly Bonus Plan.
- Paid Holidays and Vacation.
- Cleaning metal working machinery.
- General shop cleanup, including sweeping, general pickup, and disposal of debris and waste.
- Loading and unloading trucks using forklifts and overhead cranes.
- All other shop support duties as assigned by the shop foreman.
- Job requires the ability to push/pull and lift over 50 lbs.