cnc PROGRAMMER/OPERATOR JOB
The CNC Programmer + Operator position at our Portland, Oregon shop entails 75% CNC work and 25% manual machine work. You will be working on various components and parts for industrial equipment used in Wind Power, Hydroelectric, Pulp & Paper, Marine, Steel, and other Heavy Industries.
This will be a full-time, swing shift position. You will be working with other skilled machinists, engineers, and project managers to meet our customers’ needs for custom fabrication and equipment upgrades. We offer great benefits and opportunities.
- Wage up to $32 / hour depending on experience.
- Overtime-pay available: for both time and a half and double time.
- Signing bonus.
- Retention bonus at 6 months and 1 year.
- Premium swing shift differential.
- COLA (Cost-Of-Living-Adjustment) contribution annually.
- Premium medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents.
- 5% 401K matching plan.
- Life, long-term, and short-term disability insurance.
- Education reimbursement.
- Yearly bonus plan.
- PTO (Personal Time Off) depending on experience.
- 9 Paid holidays.
- Company-provided meals on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Company-provided overalls refreshed daily.
- Calibration of personal measuring instruments.
- Reimbursement for safety glasses.
- All required PPE provided.
- Climate-controlled, clean, and safe working environment.
- Employee-recognition events.
- Consistent workload availability.
- 3+ years of experience programming and running CNC lathes.
- Experience with Siemens Shopturn controls preferred but not required.
- Job entails 75% CNC work and 25% manual machine work.
- Knowledge of machining procedures for mild steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, cast iron, and bronze.
- Expert use of tools appropriate for metalworking trade required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work off of prints and/or written/ Standard personal toolbox.
- Swing shift schedule.
Western Machine Works
apply in person
Western Machine Works
12005 N. Burgard Rd., Portland, OR 97203
If you have questions about any of our job openings, don’t hesitate to reach out to us via our contact page.