cnc machinist JOB
Western Machine Works is hiring for a CNC Programmer + Operator to manufacture and refurbish critical components and equipment for various industries, including pulp & paper, steel, plastics, marine & shipbuilding, wood processing, wind power, hydroelectric power, thermal, and other heavy industries.
This will be a full-time position in our Portland, Oregon facility. You will be working with other skilled machinists, engineers, and project managers to meet our customers’ needs for custom fabrication and equipment upgrades. We offer great benefits and opportunities.
- Wage $24 to $32 hour depending on experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Life, Long Term, and Short Term Disability Insurance.
- Education Reimbursement.
- 401K Retirement Plan.
- Yearly Bonus Plan.
- Paid Holidays and Vacation.
- Paid Overtime (above the 8 working hours/day).
- 3+ years experience programming and running CNC lathes.
- Experience with Siemens Shop turn controls preferred but not required.
- Job will entail approximately 75% CNC work and 25% manual machine work.
- Knowledge of machining procedures for mild steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, cast iron and bronze.
- Expert use of tools appropriate for metal working trade required.
*The company will provide precision measuring equipment and specialty tools.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work off of prints and/or written / verbal instructions.